- Our lives in a cage
- Toe the line or else!
- New generations all submit to ‘The Man’
- The Story
- Removing the obstacles to self-actualization
- Maslow’s hierarchy of needs
- The fear of disapproval
- Freeing Ourselves From Our Characters
- Losing Our True Self
- Government Support v Government Control
- Supposed to…
- Friday the 13th
- Stop being an automaton
- Believing in Santa and your poker hand
- The Risk of Breaking the Stranglehold of Conformity
- Lars and the Real Girl
- Asch Conformity Experiments
- Three men make a tiger (三人成虎)
- Which came first – the belief or the community?
- Selling out or just changing our beliefs?
- Hide in Shouldland – find evidence to confirm your beliefs
- Inductive reasoning and making wrong assumptions
- Knowledge and Wisdom: what are they and how to get them
- How ‘Shouldland’ politics can influence public policy
- Beliefs and Opinions
- Which to follow: the law or good morals?
- Being a Bully and the Rule of Authority
- Social influence: weren’t we taught to resist peer pressure?
- They will try to pull you back in
- Concious v Unconcious Mind
- The Elderly
- System Justification, Singlism and the Marriage Myth
- Shouldland in Popular Media
- The Matrix
- Social Norms and Counterculture
- Escaping Shouldland
- Why does Shouldland exist?
- The Caged Monkeys
- What is Shouldland?
Tag Archives: Religion
Taking the time to interrogate a belief that you hold takes more brain power than simply accepting the belief. It is easy to accept a belief you have grown up with. You won’t find a sceptical one-year-old. They believe the … Continue reading →
About 20 years ago an Afghan man called Abdul converted from Islam to Christianity, an extremely rare occurrence in that part of the world. Following this conversion his life as he knew it collapsed around him. His wife divorced him, … Continue reading →