- Our lives in a cage
- Toe the line or else!
- New generations all submit to ‘The Man’
- The Story
- Removing the obstacles to self-actualization
- Maslow’s hierarchy of needs
- The fear of disapproval
- Freeing Ourselves From Our Characters
- Losing Our True Self
- Government Support v Government Control
- Supposed to…
- Friday the 13th
- Stop being an automaton
- Believing in Santa and your poker hand
- The Risk of Breaking the Stranglehold of Conformity
- Lars and the Real Girl
- Asch Conformity Experiments
- Three men make a tiger (三人成虎)
- Which came first – the belief or the community?
- Selling out or just changing our beliefs?
- Hide in Shouldland – find evidence to confirm your beliefs
- Inductive reasoning and making wrong assumptions
- Knowledge and Wisdom: what are they and how to get them
- How ‘Shouldland’ politics can influence public policy
- Beliefs and Opinions
- Which to follow: the law or good morals?
- Being a Bully and the Rule of Authority
- Social influence: weren’t we taught to resist peer pressure?
- They will try to pull you back in
- Concious v Unconcious Mind
- The Elderly
- System Justification, Singlism and the Marriage Myth
- Shouldland in Popular Media
- The Matrix
- Social Norms and Counterculture
- Escaping Shouldland
- Why does Shouldland exist?
- The Caged Monkeys
- What is Shouldland?
Tag Archives: Philosophy
I my last post I indicated that each new generation is taught to submit their behavior to the unwritten rules of society. Members of this new generation of young people will initially resist but will almost always surrender within the … Continue reading
The work of Abraham Maslow showed us that humans are all potentially good and wise beings, it’s just that things get in the way to prevent certain needs being met that would allow of us to realize this potential. Maslow’s … Continue reading
Why do people settle for a lifestyle other than their true path, the way they really want to live? Ultimately, it is the fear of disapproval, or even outright rejection, from loved ones that cause people to move into the … Continue reading